Visit the Archaeological Zone Guachimontones at Teuchitlán on our Private Tour
The Guachimontones archaeological site is located in the municipality of Teuchitlán. The settlement belongs to the Teuchitlán Tradition – located between the years 350 B.C. and 350 AD- and is characterized by its monumental staggered conical structures surrounded by a circular patio and rectangular structures that form concentric circles called guachimontón, located in the heart of the site to which two ball courts, terraces, buildings, and funeral contexts are integrated.
Although it was in the late 1960s when Art Historian, Acelia García born in Jalisco, accidentally found a huge obsidian workshop. She and her husband, Anthropologist Phil Weigand realized the importance of this discovery that later would lead them to Guachimontones; restoration work began in the late 1990s.
Currently, the Guachimontones archaeological site, unique in its type, is one of the most important in the western part of the country and the only one in the world with this kind of architecture, is open to the public and is complemented by the services of the Guachimontones Interpretive Center, which together receive an average of 170,000 visitors a year.
Located 165 miles from Puerto Vallarta, we will take the road via JAL 544 and México 70 which will take us approximately 4.5 hours to get to our destination at Guachimontones. We will stop at Mascota for a typical Mexican breakfast.
ACTIVITY DURATION: 13 HRS with round trip transportation
ACTIVITY AVAILABLE: ON REQUEST
- Note: Minium 6 maximum of 15 people. Please provide departure time & hotel in the ‘Special Requirements’ box upon booking.
- Pick up and drop off at your address, hotel or Maritime Terminal.
- Time Schedule:
- (06:00 AM)
- This is the timing recommended, but we can adjust it to your timings because it is private.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE GUACHIMONTONES PRIVATE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Transportation from and to your hotel.
- Mexican breakfast at Mascota town.
- Admissions to activities.
- Guided tour by certificated site guide.
- Walking Tour.
- Free time to explore.
- Traditional Mexican Lunch and non alcoholic drinks.
- Tequila and Raicilla Tasting.
- Purified water all the way.
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE:
- More food
- Tequila & Raicilla
What do these signs mean?
- Use a facemask outside the unit. (optional)
- Light sweater.
- Mosquitos repellent.
- Extra cash for souvenirs and tips.
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed.
- Please, by government recommendation, use the facemask all the time when you are outside the unit.
- COVID-19 protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all our guests.
- If the cancellation is made 48 hours or more before the reserved day, it will be refunded 100%.
- If the cancellation is within 24 and 48 hours, only 30% of the total paid will be NO refund, but you can postpone your tour or excursion.
- If the cancellation is less than 24 hours before depart, there will be no refund.
- All date changes are subject to availability.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
WHAT ARE THE COVID-19 SAFETY AND HYGIENE MEASURES FOR THE PUERTO VALLARTA PRIVATE CITY TOUR?
The tour host company has adopted the necessary international safety guidelines and protocols to guarantee our guest’s and staff’s safety and well-being.
Our activities are designed for small guests and occur in open spaces, significantly reducing any risk of contagion. Our protocols cover all care guidelines and focus mainly on:
- Guides should wash their hands frequently.
- Contactless payment of tips and additional charges.
- Masks, chinstraps, or face masks are required for travelers in public areas.
- Masks, chinstraps, or face masks are required for guides in public areas.
- Equipment is disinfected between each use.
- Gel alcohol is available for travelers and staff.